Past Pupils and Friends Association
Hutt Valley High School has an active Past Pupils and Friends Association.
The Association aims to:
- Maintain a Database of Past Pupils
- Contribute financially to the work of the School Archives Team
- Maintain contact with School
- Contribute financially to specific projects at the School
- Produce regular Newsletters for members
- Organise functions for Past Pupils
Since 2006 the PPFA have given $64,000 in grants to the School and individual Pupils. Included are Annual Tertiary Scholarships, travel grants to pupils representing NZ at international events such as Geography Olympiad and the Squash Championships; Computers, storage equipment and permanent displays for Archives; Audio visual equipment and chairs for the School Hall; books for the Library; equipment for the Learning Support Unit and a grant towards the refurbishment of the Memorial Sundial.
A typical calendar of events for the year includes:
- March – Annual General Meeting with Guest Speaker
- May – Film Evening at Lighthouse Cinema, Petone
- October – Afternoon Tea & Chat – for the first three decades
- November – An informal Dinner for all Past Pupils
Contributions for the Network News are most welcome and can be sent to us at HVHSPPFA, Private Bag 31 909, Lower Hutt 5040 or to firstname.lastname@example.org. The newsletter is issued three times a year.
You are invited to join the Association, which has an annual subscription of $20 per family, by sending your name, maiden name, years you attended HVHS and contact details to email@example.com or to HVHSPPFA, Private Bag 31 909, Lower Hutt 5040.
You may also like to visit the Alumni Facebook page to keep in touch with what's happening at HVHS these days.