Positions Currently Available
Hutt Valley High School welcomes applications from high quality education professionals.
Hutt Valley High School has a substantial reflective practice culture and is a restorative practices school. It’s academic, sporting and cultural strength pitches strongly at national level, and staff are expected to contribute both inside and outside the classroom.
1. Te Reo Māori teacher, Fixed term study leave position for 2019.
Applications close 12 November 2018 at 4.00 pm. Applications with CV’s and application form to the Principal, Hutt Valley High School, Private Bag 31 909, Lower Hutt 5040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. English teacher, Fixed term, 12 hours per week. Regraded, no actual vacancy.
Support Staff Vacancies:
1. Teacher Aides (2 positions) - Tautoko Supported Learning Centre – Permanent part-time 2019
Our fabulous Supported Learning Centre here at Hutt Valley High School is seeking an enthusiastic Teacher Aide to work with our amazing students. Our teenage students have a range of learning and/or behaviour difficulties, so we require our teacher aides to be patient, have good communication, build positive working relationships with students/whanau and colleagues to provide daily positive learning experiences. This is a permanent position, 21-24 hours per week during term time only and a full drivers licence is essential.
A position description and application form can be downloaded below. Applications close on 16 November 2018 at 4.00 pm and can be emailed to email@example.com or posted to: Principal’s Assistant, Hutt Valley High School, Private Bag 31909, Lower Hutt 5040.
2. Sports Coordinator, Fixed Term Maternity Leave position - Hutt Valley High School is seeking applications for maternity cover as a fixed-term, full-time (52 weeks) Sports Coordinator as part of our busy Sports Office. Suitable applicants will be enthusiastic, have a love of sport and be able to work well with students, coaches, managers and parents. Applicants must be well-organised, have good computer and management skills. This role requires applicants to be very flexible with hours to help manage our extensive sports programmes. For more information visit our website: www. hvhs.school.nz .
A position description and application form can be downloaded below. Applications close on 30 November 2018 at 4.00 pm and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to: Principal’s Assistant, Hutt Valley High School, Private Bag 31909, Lower Hutt 5040.
3. Science Technician, part time position (24 hours per week, term time only).
Do you have excellent laboratory management skills and some experience working with young people in a secondary school setting?
Hutt Valley High School is a large co-ed secondary school situated in the heart of Hutt City offering a wide range of teaching and learning opportunities for our students.
We're looking for a passionate Science Technician to provide part-time support to our Science Department.
You'll be someone who enjoys solving problems, being part of a team, is patient, methodical and likes detail.
Our ideal candidate is/has
A science qualification and laboratory experience (required)
Strengths in chemistry (preferred)
Someone with experience working with young people
A fast learner, familiar and comfortable with technology
An excellent communicator - both verbal and written
Full of initiative and ability to self-manage and at the same time flexible to respond to what’s happening for the team
A problem solver who takes pride in resolving tricky queries
Good humoured, curious and upbeat
If you are looking for a supportive environment which is highly focused in the provision of a wide range of learning pathways, then you are the sort of person who is likely to thrive in this role. The start date is 28 January 2019.
If this role sounds like you or someone you may know, please contact Jodie Murden, Principal’s Assistant on 566 4584 or email email@example.com. An Application Form and Job Description can be downloaded below. Applications close 27 November 2018 at 4.00 pm.